Can I Pawn Vintage Jewelry?
The simple answer for this question is yes most shops will work with vintage jewelry. One thing we look for in this type of jewelry is gold and silver. Vintage costume jewelry may have some value depending on the jeweler who made it.
Art Deco Jewelry Circa 1920-1935
This type of jewelry is the most sought after and has substantial value. The piece will be valued based on condition and the jeweler or designer who made it. This is a list of the companies from this time period.
1. Cartier-Mostly known for watch making in the 1800's then became world renowned for using platinum for engagement rings. Their next claim to fame was being known as the jeweler for the Hollywood Stars like Bardough. We offer Pawn Loans on Cartier Watches and their platinum diamond engagement rings.
2. Tiffany and Co.- Mostly known for silver in the 1800's then became the premier designer for diamond engagement rings due to the setting was lifted above the band using prongs to show off the diamond and is still used in modern designs. We offer Asset Loans on Tiffany silver and diamonds depending on style and demand. Diamonds over 1/2 carat can be a good bet for a loan or a buy depending on Color, Clarity, Carat and Cut of the stone.
3. J.E. Caldwell which was a designer in the 1800's influenced Art Deco in the roaring twenties with his predecessors continuing his ideas and making jewelry that has been said to stand the test of time. These pieces can go for a small fortune at auction due to rarity and brand recognition. We will offer a Pawn Loan/Asset on this jewelry but due to its rarity it would need to be authenticated.
4. Bailey, Banks and Biddle was a designer for the military like medals and such and designed the presidential seal which is in use today. They produced high quality silver like Tiffany and co and are well regarded for their Art Deco designs. We will offer Pawn Loans on this brand as well and their silverware which we have purchased in the past.
5. Buccellati was an Italian designer based in Milan Italy and rose to prominence as one of the top designers for diamond engagement rings. They have added time pieces recently but are more known for their jewelry designs. We will offer Pawn/Asset loans on the brand as long as we can authenticate the items.
6. Euro cut Diamonds are a part of this era and can have substantial value as well. This cut was the beginning of the modern style in diamond cutting for round brilliant stones. The machine was patented in 1891 and made it to the states shortly after. Here in the shop we see this style and will offer a Pawn/Asset Loan on these type of diamonds. Depending on the grade of the stone, a loan or buy could be substantial.
7. Fashion or Costume jewelry have value based on demand and rarity. Some of the top designers are Adele Simpson, Alice Caviness, Bogoff, Coro, Cinera, DeMario, Dior, Eisenberg, Miriam Haskell, Trifari and West Germany. These are a few of the designers of this period. What we look for is authenticity and how rare it is. We will offer a Pawn/Asset Loan on these pieces of jewelry depending on the factors previously mentioned.
Call us optimistic if you like, but at A&F Pawn Jewelry and Loan, we believe in our customer’s ability to return the loan. After all, it is this trust that makes us the most successful pawnbrokers in Sarasota.
We are A&F Pawn the top rated Pawn Shop for Asset Loan/Pawn Loans in Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice, North Port and Myakka city. Give us a call today. 941-951-2570
#vintagejewelry #EuroDiamonds #RoseGold #TiffanyampCo #Cartier #JECaldwell #Bailey #BaileyBanksampBiddle #Buccellati